This is a basic course in the area of commercial driver’s license (CDL) pre-trip inspection. This training covers the different parts of a vehicle that you would check before a trip. We’ll approach the different parts of the vehicle in the order that we would in a standard pre-trip inspection. It is broken into two modules:
- Module 1 covers front of the vehicle, engine compartment, engine start and cab check, steering, and suspension.
- Module 2 reviews brakes, wheels, side and back of vehicle, and trailer.
- Prerequisite: Not Listed
- Training Duration: 2 hours
- Training Resources: Not Listed
ProviderTransportation Curriculum Coordination Council (TC3)
Target AudienceAnyone wanting to learn more about CDL pre-trip inspection.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the inspection items in the front of the vehicle and engine compartment
- Identify the important steps in the cab check and air brake check
- Describe the important components of steering inspection
- Define the parts of the front and rear suspension
- Identify the components that are checked in front and rear brakes and front and rear wheels
- Describe the inspection steps for the side and back of the vehicle
- Identify the inspection items for parts of the trailer
Assessment of Learner Performance
How to Obtain the Course
Purchase online via the following link:
Point of ContactAmerican Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
Restrictions for UseAmerican Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
Fee• Non-members: $100.00• Members: $50• Subscription: $0• TC3 web-based trainings are FREE for employees of state DOTs that contribute annually to the TC3 technical service program.
This training is recommended for the Transportation Curriculum Coordination Council levels I, II, and III.