This course is designed to provide technicians the advanced skills needed to diagnose and repair the Cummins 8.3L CNG fuel system. The course covers sensors, actuators, pin-out voltage values, ignition system, Cummins software “Insite” program and advanced diagnostic routines.
- Prerequisite: Familiarity with Multi-meters and Electrical I and Cummins 8.3L Basic Computerized
Engine Management Systems.
- Duration: 24 hours over 3 days
- Training Resources: Not Listed
ProviderSouthern California Regional Transit Training Consortium
Target AudienceTechnicians seeking to improve their knowledge on Cummins computerized engine management systems.
- Unique characteristics of Natural Gas as an Alternative Fuel
- An improved knowledge of the operation and diagnostic procedures of the 8.3 ignition system, fuel system, boost system and their components
- Improved knowledge of 8.3L sensor values
- Improved knowledge pin-out voltages
- Improved knowledge diagnostic techniques including actuator and ignition system diagnostics
- Knowledge of waveform analysis
- Lab activities related to the Cummins “Insite” software
Assessment of Learner Performance
Delivery MethodInstructor-led Training
How to Obtain the Course
Register for the course via the following link:
Point of ContactSCRTTC
Restrictions for UseNot Listed
Availability of this course may change based on SCRTTC course schedule.