This course is designed to prepare technicians to service the air conditioning systems used on transit vehicles. Instruction will concentrate on safely performing the service procedures needed to maintain these systems. Through the use of demonstration and practice, the course will enable
technicians to successfully deal with changing systems and refrigerants. Integrated into the course is a review of components used on transit specific applications. Students will work with the tools and equipment used for transit air conditioning service, such as Micron Gauges, Vacuum Pumps, and Recovery Machines. Safety will be emphasized.
- Prerequisite: HVAC I and a thorough understanding of transit air conditioning components and flow;
knowledge of meters and meter testing or equivalent experience.
- Duration: 16 hours over 2 days
- Training Resources: Tools and equipment used for transit air conditioning service.
ProviderSouthern California Regional Transit Training Consortium
- How to safely maintain transit air conditioning systems
- How to successfully deal with changing systems and refrigerants
- Understanding of components used on transit specific applications
- Use of Micron Gauges, Vacuum Pumps and Recovery Machines
Assessment of Learner Performance
Delivery MethodInstructor-led Training
How to Obtain the Course
Register for the course via the following link:
Point of ContactSCRTTC
Restrictions for UseNot Listed
Availability of this course may change based on SCRTTC course schedule.